A new world of learning opens up in our Pre-Kindergarten program. With the help and support of our teachers, children build upon their emerging skills critical to their future academic success. Our Pre-K teachers use three strong curriculum programs to draw from while still writing their own weekly lesson plans that tap into the children’s interests and cater to their abilities. The children also enjoy weekly Spanish sessions with Spanish specialists as a part of our ¡Vamos! program.
Education & Curriculum
Get Set for School
Get Set for School is a flexible, play-based curriculum that offers a full pre-writing program and materials that build critical skills like early math and literacy. It includes three programs designed to prepare children for school: Readiness & Writing, Language & Literacy, and Numbers & Math.
Handwriting Without Tears
Next Generation uses Handwriting Without Tears™ as a primary component to supporting children’s handwriting skills starting in Pre-K. Using “Mr. Mat Man” as a guide, this program focuses on children’s motor development and on their ability to understand the construction of each letter.
Kindergarten Club is designed to help our students become more comfortable with the transition into kindergarten, fine tune the skills necessary to enter elementary school, and celebrate this upcoming special milestone in their lives in a variety of fun and challenging ways.
- Building self-help skills from tying shoes to serving lunch
- Healthy habits and helping family and friends are taught
- Age-appropriate outdoor playground equipment for large motor skill development
- Children’s self-expression encouraged through open-ended art projects
- School-wide events for families together to meet and socialize
- Multicultural celebrations and events to recognize community helpers